Why I'll Probably Switch Back to Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mktb, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mktb macrumors newbie

Hi all. I'm a new owner of a Mac (MBP Penryn) and when I was looking into buying a Mac, I looked here for peoples' experiences with them. I looked at the problems that people were having with their Macs, and said - hell, that's just one person. There's 200,000 members here! It can't affect me, or at least there's a small chance that it will.

Wrong. This is the first laptop I have ever owned to plague me with random problems. I like OS X, but this laptop is hardly stable. Daily, my Mac freezes up and everything stops responding, so I'm forced to shut down via power button. Second problem was weekly graphics messing up and becoming scrambled. The problem that I'm having right now that just arose this morning was difficulty connecting to a wireless network that had worked minutes ago.

Looking at this, it's absolutely inevitable that new problems will arise that will waste my time.

The only fix to some of these problems - and it's easy to say - is to "take it to Apple" - "get it serviced" -- etc. Yeah, no. For many people, it's their main laptop, and they can't deal with not having it for days or weeks.

I heard that Macs were stable and had less problems than PCs. BS. I've had more annoyances and problems with my Mac in 2 weeks than I have had with my Windows in 2 months.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm closing this thread because you have clearly signposted your troubles with your Mac elsewhere in another thread.

I'm sorry that you're having problems with your new machine, but stating that you're going to switch back to Windows isn't usually the best way to get help on this forum.

So, best to continue the conversation over in this thread, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.