Why I'm glad my Mac is Microsoft-free zone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mysterytramp, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It hurts when Ballmer isn't hopping around on stage and being reasonable in an interview doesn't it? :D

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

"I'm very sensitive to exactly what mouse I have on my laptop. Can you find a range of choices? [for the Mac] Of course you can't find a range of choices."

Uhh, what?

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's not a very good comparison when a Mac can use any USB mouse just fine but I believe he is referring to the "one button" of Macs and the variety of hardware that PCs offer.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I don't mind using MS products, hardware, software, or services where needed. I would, however, be ungodly embarrassed to have that buffoon representing the company I worked for.

Ballmer makes Eisner look cooperative, Steinbrenner look rational, and Trump look in touch. He has got to be the single most clueless and shameless chief executive since Ken Lay.

Being a "fanboy" as a consumer is one thing, but as a CEO it's utter stupidity. He should go back to selling toilet paper.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

When he finds out that Macs have right-click, he'll be kicking entire loungesuites!

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I never said he was well informed or experienced in Macs. He more then likely shares the common misconception that a lot of Windows users have that Macs only have one button mice. He's leveraging that into PC selection as well.

7. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

He probably knows, but just can't accept it! :D

8. Slumbercub macrumors regular

9. nick9191 macrumors 68040

First they ignore you
    Then they laugh at you
    Then they fight you
    Then you win

Currently at stage 2.

10. kolax macrumors G3

That really pisses me off that he is deliberatly making the Office for Mac useless. Just playing their monopoly cards there.

I have to use Office because it is the industry standard. But what more, I bought Office for Mac, but then I needed to use Access for a module at University. So, god forbid me, I ended up having to download the Windows copy illegally and run it in Parallels just so I could use Access.

Am I heck going to buy Office again JUST to get Access.

They are doing the same with Messenger:Mac - leaving the Mac in the dark with no audio or video support.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He'll need to do so to clean up all the crap he's be spouting.

This is what happens when you replace Bill Gates, a philanthropic guy with no business sense (which is nice because he's quiet about it) and a slightly doofy haircut with MonkeyBoy. Now that Ballmer is CEO, he's not being held back in his blind hatred against Apple. Fake Steve needs to come back and have some more meetings with Ballmer...

"They don't even have the full Office..." Isn't that your fault? Your company created the software. If you purposefully deny us features, it is deplorable to use your conscious choice of exclusion as a point of argument. Your statement is moot, Ballmer.