why im happy with O2 and apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wizzerandchips, Jun 21, 2008.

1. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

I purchased my iphone here in the uk back in december, i have dropped this phone twice. 1st time cracking the top right hand corner of the glass but phone survived, that was until I dropped it again rendering the bottom half none touch sensative. Its not insured so was expecting to get a bill for new screen. Two weeks later they send me a new phone "FOC". :eek: great service, and now they tell me I am eligable to a free upgrade to the new 3g because I am on the £45 a month plan, but I need to take a new 18month contract. Dont have a problem with that as i aint getting rid of the iphone thing "ever".

2. Sanzu08 macrumors member

Sanzu08

I agree

i switched to O2 when the iPhone launched and I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of service. Last time i was with O2 was probably back 10 years ago and they totally sucked, but now I think they rock.

example: about 2 months after i got my phone i went to the US for 10 days and ended up using my iphone a LOT. Came home and few days later O2 called me and said do you realise you ran up a £380 phone bill while in America. Well, after i picked myself up of the floor they said they would wipe the bill this time but next time be sure to switch off Data Roaming. Now I know they were trying to avoid the bad press that iPhone use abroad was getting at the time but still, I was impressed.

Also switched my broadband to O2 because of the discount deal you get as an O2 phone customer. Very fast (they took over the BE network I think).

So I'll be upgrading to the 16gb 3G asap - although I do feel the they should be a better discount for existing iPhone customers

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I think the deal that we are getting is awesome.