Why I'm preordering the iPhone4 on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macjunkie33, Jan 25, 2011.

1. macjunkie33 macrumors member

Perhaps I am way off but here are my thoughts:

1. iPhone 4 with unlimited data could be the last to offer this on VZW.
    2. iPhone 5 may be released in July 2011 with speed upgrade and new camera but nothing game changing. Hard to think Apple would do a major release without Jobs present. Who knows how long his leave of absence is for. Maybe he face times into the keynote? My prediction is for a few hardware upgrades and continued software improvements such as voice commands and multi-touch guestures to compete with some decent features on Android.
    3. iOS is so solid that it is a guarantee that iPhone4 will be running great for the next 2 years and the hardware is proven. iOS is the best mobile OS hands down. No reason to worry about being left behind those stuck with Android.
    4. If I am stuck with my crappy Droid for 1 more day I will throw it into a wall. Droid is the worst phone ever. I am ready to enjoy my mobile experience.
    5. I suck at waiting. I'm not going to play the guessing game about when the bigger badder tech is coming and all that I'm just going for it and not looking back. Can't wait.:D

2. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Forgot to add bro

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I agree macjunkie! Especially on points 1 and 2 :)

I'm still waiting for the white version though on Feb 27th so I will wait just a little bit longer than you but I agree on locking in the Verizon unlimited data now and being grandfathered in no matter what. The next iPhone won't be that much of an improvement (think iPhone 3gs like) so I would rather get the months out of the way now so I have a great phone immediately and can upgrade to the iPhone 6 next summer :)

Good observations though its good to hear this sort of thinking from other people as it makes my decision that much easier.

4. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

One word to consider: "temporary".

cheers

ps: enjoy your new phone.

6. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Is unlimited data that big of a deal for so many people? I have it and haven't used more than 1.8GB in a single month and I use my phone more than my laptop, maybe because I'm usually around wifi but At&t said only 2% of people go over the 2GB do a lot of people on here go over 2GB a month?

I think we'll see a dual core 1GHz processor 1 GHz of ram, 64GB hard drive and a 8MP camera maybe 1080p video that supports HSPA+ That alone would have me upgrade from the 4 to the 5. I also think were getting new maps and a new notification system in iOS 5. I feel Apple going to pull out the big guns to keep paces or out perform Android.

If you can't wait to get an iPhone 4 go right ahead it's a great phone

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Man you are a data camel there lsvtecjohn! ;)

I use my smart phone as my only internet device for everything (even streaming if I have to) so I usually average a little over 3 gigs a month. But I would agree most people that can afford iPhones have some form of Wifi around them so don't have to worry. It's just nice to have for someone like me who is a student and has to move every now and then to places without wifi :)