Why I'm waiting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by highlights, Jun 10, 2012.

1. highlights macrumors newbie

First -- Holy crap, I haven't logged into macrumors since Jan 31, 2005. Powerbook G5 anyone? I have been a relatively faithful reader though, and a mac fangirl... on my third macbook/laptop now, and in serious need of a big monitor for photo editing and data crunching.

I don't need retina, I don't need fancy. What I need is a moderately powerful machine that will serve me well for the next 5 years. I want to run the latest and greatest software from adobe (CS5, etc.), some more specific data/statistics software, and do some video editing. The current iMac can do that just fine I'm sure, but how many versions going forward can it handle? My 3-year-old macbook is groaning at even some newer keynote/video stuff, not to mention a pain for even simple photo-editing... it just hasn't kept pace with the more resource-eating newer software.

Thus, my main reason for not wanting to buy an expensive machine with hardware that is over a year old. Oh, and the argument of paying *that much money* for older hardware.

And, in case anyone is wondering, the rumors of a new iMac are all over the photography forums as well as these mac-specific places, so it's not like there's just a small group of us who notice how outdated the iMac has become and are waiting for a new one.

2. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

exactly how I feel as well. I just don´t want to pay too much money for old hardware. And, I want to keep it as long as I can too. Buying the current model means it will in theory be outdated a year sooner than a new up-to-date one....I will never buy that, then I rather stick with my old early 2009 model.

3. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

same you would be epically crazy to be buying anything now.

I am currently on a mac pro 2010 but im waiting for the imac as i need for screen estate for my photoshopping