Why interfacelift doesn't detect right resolution?

1appleAday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
When I go to interfacelift.com for some high res wallpaper on my ipad3, I notice the website detects the resolution as 768x1024. Even the drop down under each wallpaper shows iPad and iPad 2. I check the drop down option and they DO have new iPad (3rd gen) option, but obviously the web site doesn't detect my iPad 3 as is. Anyone experience the same thing??

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I think safari sends that resolution so websites don't look tiny on the iPad... Just a guess.

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
When I go to interfacelift.com for some high res wallpaper on my ipad3, I notice the website detects the resolution as 768x1024. Even the drop down under each wallpaper shows iPad and iPad 2. I check the drop down option and they DO have new iPad (3rd gen) option, but obviously the web site doesn't detect my iPad 3 as is. Anyone experience the same thing??
The iPad reports its resolution as 1024×768. The iPhone 4 also reports its resolution as "half" of what it actually is.

Interfacelift detects the default drop-down value based on your screen resolution, not the actual device you are browsing from, so that's why this is happening