Why Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Strom1, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

OK, here's the question: I need a portable small CPU that will give me access to the internet for uploading photos to Photobucket on the go. I can pick up a cheap net-book for $250.00. I don't need 3g, as wifi is readily available.

So are there any reasons I should consider the Ipad? Besides the apps? I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if the Ipad has something that will really make a difference. I'm a Apple guy, so be gently.:D

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If all your going to be doing is uploading photos then an iPad should be perfect for you. I do not recommend buying one right now though, wait for the second generation.

3. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

It's hard to think how I was living without having an iPad.

This thing completes me. :D

4. Strom1 thread starter macrumors regular

Strom1

I will, if I go with the Ipad. The 2nd generation specs sound good.

Does the Ipad pick up a wifi signal better then an net-book....... as in a further reach? And can it stand up to vibrations as I will take it with me on my motorcycle?

5. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Honestly, when somebody asks me this, I don't know the answer. I never liked the idea of spending $500 on something that does less than my computer but a little more than my phone. Now that I have one it just seems so convenient. I guess I could use my iPhone for some of the things the iPad does, but the iPad just makes it much more convenient. I still don't know how I feel about spending that money on it though. You could just get an iPhone/iPod Touch.

Keep in mind if you want to upload to Photobucket I'm pretty sure you will need an app to do that. Not sure if there is one.

To answer your questions no, I don't think it will pick up Wi-Fi any better. It will defiantly be fine on a motorcycle (it's all solid state)

6. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

There are thousands of article & reviews of the iPad outlining its abilities and limitations you might want to access. If you have NO interest in Apps a NetBook with a USB port or built-in card reader seems more appropriate.