Why iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Four oF NINE, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

If someone has an iPhone and a MacBook, what's the point of an iPad? Don't the other two devices between them do everything an iPad does?

I'm trying to see if it would make sense to get one. Since I have the iPad bookended with the MacBook and the iPhone, I need to know what features I'd be getting that I don't already have? :confused:

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There have been a million threads on this question, but in short: more portable than a laptop (you won't realize just how true this is til you've got it), bigger screen is more useful than a smart phone, better for reading stuff than either.

But some people don't need that, and a laptop + smartphone is plenty for them.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you have a laptop and a desktop you do not "need" an iPad.

You get an iPad because you "want" one.:eek:

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If someone has a desktop and no laptop the need/want for an iPad would be greater than for someone with a smallish laptop that could help fill the void :)

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6. jojoba macrumors 68000

- portability
    - long battery life
    - hand writing features/ can annotate with a stylus

I can't do any meaningful work on my smart phone due to its size, but I do quite a lot of work related stuff on my iPad.

7. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

The only way you'll know if its for you is if you try one out. Go to the Apple Store and play with one?

Personally i've always found it more convenient than a laptop to carry around the house.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Subjective matter ("the point" always is, regardless of topic). I have all three and find all three useful. YMMV. Consult the countless existing threads on the matter. I also recommend trying one out. You can't beat first hand experience for assessing such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.