Why iphone 4 headphone jack left/right channel not the same

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Aug 21, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

Hi all . i have issue headphone jack when hearing , somehow left channel hearing lower than right channel , is this how apple made headphone jack for all iphone ? before it was work both channel when play music , now only right channel bigger sound than left channel ,

thanks ....

2. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Are the headphones that you are using old or brand new? I had this problem to but it lies in all the crap getting into the headphone and blocking the sound from getting to ur ear. Try another pair of headphones and see if u still have this issue.

3. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I have the same problem. I haven't looked into it much, but I do think it is the headphones and not the phone, or maybe a mix.

I use the headphones that came with my iPhone 4 around late July (2010). Other headphones seem to work fine in the phone.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apples earbuds suck I never even used mine more then 1o minutes. you can buy much better inexpensive headphones skullcandy Shure,Sony,sennheiser and meelectronics to name a few. personally I love my a-jays 4 $70

5. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I don't use them that often, only when I am out and want to listen to music. If I am at my desk I use my Razer Carcharias. Even if I could find some really cheap earbuds, I really like the Mic/VolUP/VolDown/Answer part of those headphones.

Lol, I thought about it. Switched them around and I can confirm it is not a hearing problem.