Why iPhone 6 Plus Taskswitcher so fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancastor, May 17, 2015.

1. lancastor macrumors 6502a

Why is taskswitching on the iPhone 6 Plus so incredible fast in comparison to the iPhone 6 model?

When I play "Family Guy" on the iPhone 6 Plus and switching to another task, then back, or bring the notification center into the front, the games starts immideatly when switiching back into the game.

On the iPhone 6 the game takes five or more seconds to start again when switching back from another task.

How is this possible? Both iPhone models are using the same processor andrhe same anount of RAM. The clock speed is minimalistic faster on the 6 Plus. But I don't think thats the reasson why task switching is fast as hell on the Plus.

I'm really confused.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I would to seeing as technically the 6 plus is actually slower

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's the opposite. The 6 Plus is the one that's slower.

4. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

It wasn't a hardware thing: I have re-installed the game and both iPhone models have the same speed when switching between tasks.

It was a software issue on my iPhone 6.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can depend on other things that might be in memory or going on on the phone at the time. Only if the phones are basically set up exactly the same way and have the same exact apps running at the same timing then it would be an apples to apples comparison, so to say, otherwise, not so much.

6. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

That's not surprising. My experience is similar. Everyone here always says the 6plus should be the slower device but my 6plus is much more responsive than my 6 ever was. I guess it all depends on what is loaded on the device, how many programs are open, etc.