Why Iphone doesn't show the actual numbers during dialing and talking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by muratime, Feb 11, 2015.

1. muratime macrumors member

muratime

Many of our contacts has more than one phone number under their contact cards.
    Sometimes we do instant calls from recent numbers.
    During the dial process I am curious which number I have been dialed.
    IPhone shows only work-mobile or whatever..
    However sometimes we just don't really pay attention if mobile number is really recorded under work number or not..
    So it would be very helpful for me to see what exact number I am dialing during the process of calling.. (both while dialing and talking).
    It might be the case I can even cancel my call right after my initiation if the number is not the one I wanted to call..

Please do not come up to me solutions like:
    'be careful/smart before you dial'
    'double check before dial'
    'better organize your contacts'

I would like to have the flexibility to see which number exactly I am dialing, that's all, rest is my actions to carry on with that..

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I don't know what else to say other than double check before you dial.

If dialing the right number is important, then surely it is worth checking?

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Make separate contacts? Or just organise them better.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I always dial from the contact list and showing Home or Mobile or Work mobile makes most sense to me. I stopped remembering phone numbers a long time ago so It would not help me to display the number,

5. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

I completely agree with that. I also think these days people change numbers that often that remembering each number is verging in the impossible.

If you store the number as "work", "mobile", "home" ect and you press the wrong one you do have that second before the dial takes place for you to cancel the call before it goes through and then select the appropriate one. I used to use the favorites section on the iPhone phone app but really its more of hindrance these days as I want to see my contact call options and make the decision what way to try and then have the option to select another straight away if the 1st is unsuccessful and its urgent - just for an example.