why iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilove iphone, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ilove iphone macrumors newbie

hey guys I was just looking at some reviews on gsmarena.com and alot of people said that a nokia named the n95 8gig is much better than an iphone what do you guys think?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Forget reviews or what some sites post etc...
    Go out and try them out both.
    Then pick what you like and what works for you.
    Im telling you though, the second you play around with the Iphone for a few minutes you'd want to get one.
    It has a great feel and a very easy interface.

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

The n95 8gig is allright phone. Pretty good camera but its really nothing special. Has web and music player and all that but not as simple and good looking as iPhone

iPhone is a great phone mainly because it is easy to use and looks great and in my opinion it does not even compare with the n95. Much better. However iPhones camera is terrible.

4. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

This question comes from someone named iLove iPhone?

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

From gsmarena.com:

And interestingly enough, nearly all of the "opinions" were from people that never even touched one... :eek:

The site's a waste of bandwidth...

6. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

For me, the iPhone has a HUGE advantage over any other phone: iPod convergence. Choose any other phone, and you end up carrying around two devices (unless you are willing to give up your iPod).

I see this as one of the biggest advantages for the iPhone. No matter how good the N95 or other phones may be, they don't have a built in iPod...

7. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

They try but mostly fail.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I had never seen a picture of an N95 before. Now I know how it got such a dull name. It looks like my RAZR with GPS features and some sort of flippy feature. Whoop-de-do, Basil!

And of course as you pointed out, nobody else has a built-in iPod. If you don't use iPod features, the N95 might have a shot at being comparable. But I'm pretty sure most iPhone users are people who already had an iPod and then said "you mean it's a phone, too??!?!?!?!"

By the way, my not-even-2-year-old nephew learned how to flick through the pictures in my photo gallery. I flicked through a few and then he did the exact same thing. It's a damn easy device to use.

9. theLastBeatle macrumors member

it might take a little more than a few minutes. ive been a mac addict for at least 18 years and i never bought an iPod thinking that i would wait till something like the iPhone came out. so as you can imagine...time passed. when the iphone came out i thought i would buy one right away. i didnt, it took me four months (October) to take the plunge. honestly even though i knew the interface was amazing and revolutionary (can we all agree on that point now) it wasnt till i had one in my possession for a week till i was completely hooked. typing took two weeks till i could type faster than my blackberry.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With me it only took a few minutes.
    I tried one at a local AT&T store on the day it came out.
    Some dude let me play with it and I didnt want to give it back to him :D
    I got hooked quick.

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Sounds like me if you replace "Apple Store" for "AT&T store." I thought they were neat but didn't find them $600 neat. When the price drop came, I got tempted many times. "Ah, wait until they have 32GB and 3G." Then that fancy $250 refurb offer came along. Snapped on that and WOOT. Sure, I wish I had more storage and a faster connection. But having an extra $150-250 is nice as well. I consider it the gateway drug for future models. :)

12. ilove iphone thread starter macrumors newbie

wildcardd i do have an iphone but many people told me to change it wich i wont

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

There have been many comparisons of the N95 and iPhone. iPhone simply has a nicer, easier to use interface. The design of the iPhone is stunning (N95 not so much). The N95 does have more features, but most people would rather give them up for the sleek "sexy" interface of the iPhone. As said in just about every post, its all about the looks, and the iPhone is there 100%. Don't listen to people, most people bash anything apple because they hate apple. If you like the N95 more than the iPhone, then sell your iPhone and get one, otherwise, stick with the iPhone. In the end, it is the much better choice.

14. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

The iPhone is just so awesome in every way. It UI is better than any other phone I've ever used (granted, I have never used the N95). The touch screen is so responsive and clear. I suggest trying out both phones. I'm sure a store somewhere has one to play around with. The Apple store surely has iPhones. Try em' out, see which one you like more.

IMO, iPhone takes the cake against any other phone. It kicks muh a$$.

15. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Plus the iPhone is a great conversation starter. And blackberry users give you an ugly glare when you take it out in front of them. Try doing that with an N95. Just yesterday I was at a theatre and i took my phone out during intermission and some guy started talking to my about Apple and Phones. On the other hand, you may not like that, but what apple person doesnt like bringing attention to the fact that they are apple users (in a trustworthy place of course) :D:):p:apple::apple: