Why is a game tracking health data?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by se99jmk, Aug 6, 2014.

1. se99jmk macrumors member

So, there I was, deleting Modern Combat 5 to release some memory for the next OTA update, and this appeared:

[​IMG]

I don't recall it ever asking to store health information, and I can't see any information stored in HealthKit, but it is a little strange...

2. ps3zocker macrumors regular

Every app you delete displays that alert. Seems to be a bug in beta 4 which should be resolved in beta 5.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

4. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

5. DiscoMcDisco macrumors regular

DiscoMcDisco

While this does appear to be a beta 4 bug (haven't checked beta 5 yet) I don't actually see the problem with this.

I quite like that HealthKit may track my gaming behaviour and tell me when I should be taking a break. At the same time, the data could be extremely useful to developers if targeted collection of that HealthKit data is picked at specific points or fluctuations. It may help them improve the games design, setting, impact, music etc

Data is a good thing, at a standardised and anonymised level. If I suddenly started receiving emails about ways to improve my health from marketing companies I'd be slightly more annoyed, but a games company making me enjoy a game more... that's a win in my book.