Why is a tap click different from a click click?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mpt-matthew, May 21, 2011.

1. mpt-matthew macrumors regular

This is more just because i am intrigued.

There are two ways of clicking, a tap click, where just just tap the touchpad, and a click click, where you physically push it down, so it goes 'click'.
    I generally use tap click (just because its slightly easier).

I came to notice a difference when on the website TED.
    If you want to watch a video in full screen you can click the 'toggle full screen' button. But this only works if you click it with a 'click click' and not with a 'tap click'.
    But why is the end command of a 'tap click' different to a 'click click', i.e. why can the website tell the difference?

2. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

i tested clicking the + button on firefox

physical and tap has similar result

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You totally missed the point. The OP is asking why, in some circumstances (such as the example they gave), tapping and clicking gives two different outcomes. They already specified that they are aware this doesn't occur with every use of a tap-click or a physical click, only in certain conditions.

4. karohan macrumors 6502

I just tried the videos on the TED website. I can get it to fullscreen by using the tap to click. I just had to double tap a few times or so. However, the "click click" works always with just a single click. Furthermore, things in general are just a little weird. After toggling the full screen enough times, the button just disappears haha.

5. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

Same, it does still work, just not first time.

6. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

i tried in firefox and safari, same type of issue. I'm going to just presume it has something with the way they integrated their videos in their flash container. As youtube works just fine with a single tap to full screen.