Why is Apple being stingy about Black Friday discounts......

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by daneoni, Nov 28, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

...with its Display line. None of the displays have any discounts on them...at least in the UK

Disappointing really as i was considering picking a display up now but alas...unlikely to happen now :mad:

2. knightlie macrumors 6502a

This attitude amazes me. As has been stated elsewhere, Black Friday is (mostly) a US phenomenon, not a UK one as it's connected to Thanksgiving - be glad they are discounting anything at all on the UK site.

Overall I'd say it's you who is being stingy - either buy a display or don't, but don't whine at Apple because you're not prepared to pay full price.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Likewise your attitude.

Apple has always had a Black Friday sale all around the world so im not glad for anything...its expected...its always been the case and this year is no different

Why should i pay full price if there's a possibility of getting it cheaper. Amazon sells the darn displays at cheaper prices. I was just hoping Apple would discount the displays this year (if that is being stingy then so be it) because i prefer buying from an Apple store but disappointingly i wont be able to get it from the Apple store which is all i said...b4 you jumped down my throat.

4. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Apple is tight so look at sellers of apple products like mac mall. I looked at the so called deals this morning and just shook my head. Oh well, will have to wait for xmas to see if any deals pop up.

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah my thoughts exactly

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Apple is a greedy and evil enterprise; what did you expect? You're lucky they didn't raise the prices!

To be serious, Apple is trying to maintain their status quo as a premium computer company and the way to do that is make sure their prices are always higher.

7. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I was disappointed when I went to one of the apple store(retail)..they offer no discounts and luckily I went to Best Buy and bought a MB(discounted). Satisfied :>

8. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I'm sorry, but the whole "It's expected" thing is just nonsense. Apple is just another company trying to make a nice little profit. They don't have to do any type of deal. If you find it cheaper somewhere else, then buy it somewhere else. But don't sit there thinking you are "owed" something.

Not trying to be a jerk (it's something that comes naturally) but when I see comments like "it's expected" it really Grinds My Gears (a knod to the immortal Peter Griffon)

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yep- and the funny thing is that they are offering any discounts actually- as a comparison, just try to find Bose products at discount prices! ;)

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Historically Apple has not been a company that offers discounts or sales. They watch and control their prices religiously.

In that mind set their deals are not half bad. It is if other resellers were not doing more.

11. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I dont think i'm owed anything. i'm just saying Apple has a tradition of doing black friday sales...even though what is discounted every year varies...there is still always a sale and that hasn't changed. So i was expecting the same pattern this year based on previous years and hoping the displays would be discounted. Thats all.

12. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

It would help if they matched their prices with equal functionality :rolleyes:

They (Bose) never cease to amuse me