iPad Why is Apple only offering leather Smart Cases?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ab2c4, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ab2c4 macrumors member

My wife and I have owned the Ipad 1 and Ipad 3, both of which we bought the official Apple cases for them made out of Polyurethane and they were fantastic. The one for the Ipad 1 cost $30 USD and the Ipad 3 cost I think $50.

Why in the world are they only offering a leather one for the Air at $80? I have a 16gb Air and I love it, but I refuse to pay $80 for a case. I bought a third party case on Amazon and while it does the job and was only $5 with Prime shipping, I definitely don't like it as much as the Smart Covers.

So, do you think maybe after the holidays or something they will offer the Smart Case for the Air in Polyurethane for a less expensive price?

2. g808 macrumors regular

I also rather not have leather, so I got a Smart Cover and will get a shell cover for the back. Same setup I have with my Mini.

3. puma1552 macrumors 601

My wife is getting a retina mini for Christmas, and she wants a red smart case for it. I just about balked at the $70 price today at the Apple store, wtf?

They also had a leather smart case out on the table for people to touch as well as a polyurethane smart cover, the leather felt hard and cheap and looked bad, whereas the polyurethane felt like a quality product.

Come on Apple, give us a polyurethane smart case for the retina mini.

4. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Your planning to buy a case before the new Mini is out. I'd wait. The Apple Store Sales person told me the new ones would actually be a little less thin.

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

Thanks, but no, I'm planning on buying at the time I order. I was just in the store for something else today.

That said though, the Apple store says the current mini smart case is compatible with both the current mini and the mini with retina display, so it doesn't look like Apple's going to be releasing any new case.