Why is apple so hesitant on using colors like the ipod line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I've always wondered about this. When they announced the 5th gen iPods in color I thought it was a clear confirmation for a colored 5s... But it didn't happen. Yes I don't mind that metal blue, would buy that in an instant for the iPhone if offered.

Ok I get that apple wants an upscale color palette for the iPhones that why they only use gray, silver and gold. But why limit? The metal color palette on the iPod touches are so well made compared to the 5c pastel colors. Don't get me wrong the 5c colors were fine, it's just I prefer metal colors like the touches.

Will Apple ever use the iPod touch color scheme on the iPhones?

2. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

I doubt you've seen too many of brightly colored 5Cs.

It'd be too many colors and not enough demand

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Frankly, the SKU situation for retailers is already a complete and total nightmare. Factor in a choice of 5+ colors, each carrier, each size capacity, and you have a logistics and stock replenishment nightmare.

For instance, perhaps a yellow version doesn't sell well at all, if apple screws up their estimates you're looking at millions of dollars of unmoved product just sitting there.

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I think that's the reasoning behind the silicone cases. If you want your iphone to be bright, you have red, pink, green and blue silicone cases that will brighten it up considerably. (And they fit and feel great).