Why is Bluetooth audio control left out???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coukos34, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

As much as I love apple, I have to say I am disappointed with the bluetooth support they added in 3.0. Why wouldn't they add control? I was so excited to play tracks from my pocket in my car but they decided to make you use your phone? Why? Thats the same as using an aux cable....terrible!!! I hope they can fix this in the next update. I am so happy with my iphone as a whole (don't get me wrong), I am just sick of apple being slow to support standards that are already out there. I could give a crap about MMS btw, only other thing I want is the push services that we should have had already and the proper bluetooth support we should have.

Hate to drag on but the simple fact that, if you connect to your car via bluetooth, you cannot access your received or dialed call lists....this is supported in older simpler phones! Also it makes it much easier when you want to call someone back without going through your whole phone book!!!

I have been the biggest apple fanboy for the simple fact that **** just works, but I'm starting to lose my patience....Apple would have ZERO competitors if they just supported current technology.....They would just run away with it....Why the resistance?

Anyone else feel my frustrations?

-Frustrated IPhone user

2. indisguise macrumors member

play/pause works with my motorola S9 headset,but forward and back dont work

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

they need SOMETHING to put in 4.0
    eventually they will give us that
    along with a new way to organize/launch apps
    and a new notifications system
    simply because, with push and a growing number of apps, we NEED them

the iPhones interface was originally intuitive and easy to use. It is slowly becoming cumbersome.
    That is the one thing Apple won't allow. Theyve always sacraficed features for elegance. But if they lose the elegance, its just another one of those LGs with a touchscreen thats near impossible to use

4. ukdy macrumors member

Hi Guys... I started a thread about this the other day... Maybe a MOD could merge them??? :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=728360

...Don't forget if enough people want something, if we all submit feedback to Apple from the link they will get on it quicker!! - People power!

5. bilboa macrumors regular

I'm not sure how being able to issue voice commands via my bluetooth headset, or supporting standard ways to control a music player via bluetooth, would make the iPhone more cumbersome. Apple just seems to inexplicably leave certain random features out that most other phones support. It's bizarre to me that it took them this long to add MMS and stereo bluetooth support, and they're still missing other obvious features, such as being able to snooze a calendar alarm.

6. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Yep, worked like magic for copy and paste….:rolleyes:

7. machacker macrumors regular

I don't understand why this is an issue for some. When I sync my bluetooth headphones, the volume slider disappears. But that doesn't matter to me. Because the entire point is so that I can have the phone in a pocket and not look at it anymore. The volume controls on the headphones work fine. I hit the volume rockers and it gets louder or softer just fine. I just don't have something visual to look at. (But again, it's in my pocket, so what do I care?)

8. ukdy macrumors member

It's an issue because if you want to pair the iPhone with your car stereo or headphones you can't use that device to change the track forward or backwards without the AVRCP profile.

This means you have to use the iPhone to change the track rather than just pushing a button on the Bluetooth device. This is a dangerous thing to be doing if you're driving as you're not concentrating on the road.

9. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Your volume slider disappears because your headphones now have the volume control, not the phone.

10. gregslc66 macrumors newbie

The OP is correct, the AVRCP is missing from 3.0. On my bluetooth S9HDs the play/pause is functional but not the Forward/Backward. Volume works fine.

I can't get the voicedial over my car-kit to work yet either....