Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oxband

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I have a new MBP. I used Migration Assistant to load my old computer (applications, music, photos etc:) onto it, and then I upgraded the Mac OS to 10.12.6

Since then, my cursor often disappears and takes 3-10 seconds to reappear. This happens most when using Chrome when a lot of tabs are open. That said, I never have more than 15 open, and this never happened before. I assume there is some app or something else making the computer act buggy but I can't figure it out. Any thoughts about how to figure this out?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It may be one of the restored apps.

In recommend a clean install of Sierra and chrome. Use chrome as normal and make note of any issue.

I use chrome on a 15" mid-2010 with 10.12.6 and haven't experience a disappearing cursor.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
I suspect an issue with Chrome. First thing I would try is cleaning out the browser cache. If that doesn't work, try downloading a new version and reinstalling.

Reactions: Beachguy

oxband

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I turned off the hardware accelerator in the settings and it seems to have solved it for now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.