Why is everyone complaining?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Burch, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Burch macrumors member

Ok, first off I would like to say that the "New iPad" looks AMAZING! I really have absolutely no idea why people are complaining. To tell you the truth, it kind of shocks me how Apple made an amazing device and people are mad about it and saying that it is not good enough. There is a Retina Display that has about 3.1 million pixels which looks crisp and very clear, even in the pictures. There is 4G LTE which is very fast, but it is a downfall to people who are not on AT&T and Verizon. There is also a better camera, an A5X processor, and quad core graphics.

I know some people like it but there are others who complain. So, why do you not like this AMAZING urgrade!

~Burch

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

You must be new here. ;)

I'm excited for the update - retina itself was enough for me to move from the iPad 2 to this one. The majority of my iPad usage is reading. The games are sweet, but if I'm honest with myself, the clarity of reading both technical software development books and novels is what I'm most looking forward to.

3. Carouser macrumors 65816

They're trolls, shills, paid FUDsters, angry teenagers, grown babies, neckbeards who think making up complaints is some kind of learned chin-stroking form of objectivity, people with unreasonable standards and no connection to reality, etc. Why do you think?

EDIT: And for the record, I don't believe people are obliged to talk about how great a product is if they don't like it, I'm referring to the deluge of entitled whining that hits the forum every time a new product is released.

4. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

Same here

People don't seem to remember that magical moment going from 3gs to iphone 4, strictly screen wise

5. tr43z0r macrumors regular

I agree, and I can't wait to get my new iPad on Friday :)

6. MR1324 macrumors 6502

that's why i don't frequent these boards as much as i used to. after any product launch, there are a million threads about disappointed fans. apple never announces what their specs are going to be, so these people are only disappointed because the product did not meet what their fantasies about it were.

7. xraytech macrumors 68020

There's a certain demographic on Macrumors that are just Debbie Downers.

Fortunately & Unfortunatly they are the most vocal on MR. We hate them but we love them. Hate them because they turn their noses up on the Apple products that we covet. Love them because, aside from asking for the Rediculous, they bring up issues that I'm sure the folks at Apple take note of.

It is what it is =/

8. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that 99% of it just comes down to:

"I thought that this product would fill the void but now that the mystery is gone and I know what it is I still feel empty inside and now I'm reacting in a needlessly self-protective manner toward that product and the company that created it and offered it to me."

and oh my god I think just had a breakthrough.

9. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Me too, I thought about getting a Kindle for reading, but I'm going to use the iPad as a reader (this will be my first) -- plus some other stuff, of course.

10. dell who? macrumors member

I've been selling Apple products for about 5 years now, and I wish I had a better explanation for what's eating these people. The tech we carry around in our pockets is already beyond peoples' wildest dreams of yesteryear and people still find things to complain about. The joke between myself and the other people I've worked with in the industry is "OMG my future communicator isn't reading my mind!!!" and so the story keeps going...

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I see more people happy than complaining this time. Most are happy we finally got a retina screen.

12. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I think that Louis CK has given the absolute best take on this subject that I've read or heard. It's a great summation that can help put (or keep) things in perspective even for those of us who are thrilled with whatever new toy is coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

(I tried to embed the video, but I guess this forum doesn't allow it.)