Why is everyone so obsessed with...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wouldyoukindly, Jun 18, 2009.

1. wouldyoukindly macrumors member

...SNOW LEOPARD!!! Why can't people just wait until it comes out. I mean, people want to know everything that it does and are asking question after question about whether it will do this or that... Is this just me, or does anyone else find this extremely annoying??

"Will SL offer quicklook previews in spotlight searches?" - Wait til ****ing september and find out!! Or hell, go on the apple site and see if it tells you there. Use your own initiative for a change... All of you!

Just me..?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You might as well insert "new product yet unreleased name here."

3. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Yeah you are kind of on the wrong website if questions like these bother you. It is the nature of this community. We are a curious bunch :p No one is forcing you to listen to these folks, so I guess your options are either deal with it or leave.

4. LVdustin macrumors regular

The reason people are anxious about Snow Leopard is because of the amazing core technology going into Snow Leopard which will set pathways for future OS release that will jump Mac OS X and Mac OS XI development years head of the game.

Another reason why people are obsessed is because there always used to be a big gap between hardware talking to software and vise versa, with Snow Leopard we are finally going to see true communication between software and hardware go hand to hand to get the best possible performance out of our beautiful computers. Second, Snow Leopard is opening up Apple into a completely new market. Which is the business market. Slowly, but surely Apple is rising to be the number one business computer, and with Snow Leopard it will sure path that way.

5. wouldyoukindly thread starter macrumors member

You've got me wrong... I'm excited about it!!

The hardware utilization and extended 64-bit support is something I can't wait to have on my mac. But the massive number of questions about trivial things (like i mentioned in my original post) seem so...well, trivial. Its not out for 3 months... I mean, patience??

6. LVdustin macrumors regular

In truth, it wont be out in 3 months. because it's out now for developers. Some people are hardcore when it comes to apple and they want every bit of detail.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

MacRumors my man... MacRumors

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Agreed. What's wrong with build up though? From speculation to rumor to inside dirt. Getting acquainted with a product ahead of time? Both Windows 7 and Snow Leopard are some pretty big updates by setting up some concepts that will play a bigger factor in years to come.

I'd be curious to know the percentage of threads on macrumors about upcoming vs actually released Apple products.

9. wouldyoukindly thread starter macrumors member

Fair point... But frustrating none the less. Don't people want a bit of surprise?

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

At least I can play with Windows 7 today for free. ;_;

11. LVdustin macrumors regular

But why would you want too....

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's a free operating system for a year and it's better than Vista? I like having support for digital subchannels in the guide without adding that TV pack nonsense in Vista for Windows Meda Center.

Please don't even mention Front Row. It doesn't do television recording and a programming guide. Also in before Peace telling me about it's not MPEG-2 because it is.