Why is Facebook, both the mobile site and app so slow on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Nov 6, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You'll have to ask the Facebook app developers about that. It's never been all that great. I'm usually just happy if a particular version of the app doesn't crash randomly, my expectations have become that low for it.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The app used to be a 3/10 and now it's a 7/10.

So I guess 7 isn't great, but it's SO much better than it used to be I feel bad complaining...like I'm gonna jinx it if I say anything.

"No, no... 7 if just fine, guys! Please don't put anything back to the old way!"

4. mazer75 macrumors newbie

Are you saying that it loads slowly, scrolls slowly, or both?

I think it's as fast and fluid as any other app.

If you want to see a crappy app, try out the NFL's own fantasy football app. That app SUCKS.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Which iPhone? It works fine on my 4s and 5s.

6. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

With the latest release when I'm scrolling down and I pause for a second, sometimes it scrolls up a post or two on its own. So weird. It's also not consistently smooth.

The app has never really been polished and flawless.

7. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

The Facebook app is a whole lot faster than it was a year or so ago. I wish I could make more edits from within the app. Removing a friend from the newsfeed has to be done on Safari or on a puter.

8. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

I think the scrolling occurs on the Newsfeed (or in groups) when one of your friends posts something new. It seems to be a constant update, so it will appear to scroll up as the Newsfeed gets longer (when another post is made). It annoys me at times too, since we can obviously refresh on our own, but it isn't too bad, and I can usually find the post I was looking at, since it is usually just a post or two higher/lower.

I do think the current Facebook app is much better than prior versions. It seems a little more organized, and I'm glad they finally allow you to edit posts and post photos within comments on the phone now.

9. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I found it to be woeful in the 4. On my new phone it's fine!