Why is Final cut pro x not on any computers at the Apple store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pjakob, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Pjakob macrumors newbie

I have gone to a few stores to check it out and have not found it on one computer!

Whats the deal?

seems odd that apple would not be showing it off on every macbook pro or mac pro or powerful imac!

thoughts?
    -p

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

It is an expensive (by amateur standards) program that requires training to use proficiently. Like Photoshop CS5 or xcode it is not something to noodle around with at the store.

If you have mastered iMovie and feel that you are ready for something more powerful, spend the $300. If not, there are many in-depth tutorials and reviews on the web.

3. Pjakob thread starter macrumors newbie

Final cut 7 is on every Pro level machine. Why have they not put it on the computers? All of the pro level machines have all the pro apps on them. That does not line up with final cut pro x not being on a single computer for people to try( some people use final cut pro 7 and want to see pro x before they buy it)

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...did you ask anyone at the stores you went to? If not, why not? A simple "I'm interested in FC-X, do you have it loaded on a computer here so I can give it a quick spin?" will likely get you a better answer than asking "why not" here. If you do ask, I'd be interested in hearing any reason they'd give for *not* having on a computer for demo purposes.....oh yeah!

5. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Two potential reasons:

1) Corporate hasn't sent retail stores a master image of the demo computers with FCX.

2) Since many of the Apple store people don't know FCP or express, they won't likely know about FCX. Even the trainers might have difficultly demoing it. Having it off the computers can prevent the stores from looking like idiots if someone wants them to demo it.

Give it some time for the stores to learn more about FCX.

6. Pjakob thread starter macrumors newbie

I did ask some one. and they said because it sucks. hahaha. OH YEAH!

I said... really..? the guy laughed and walked off.
    Totally sucked.

7. Pjakob thread starter macrumors newbie

2 great points! Thanks!
    I edit a ton. I wanted to give it a try for myself rather then get in to the hype of it not being great. I can be patient.

8. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Apple Stores are in the business of pushing expensive computers. It's as simple as that.

Look at how much money they make. There is no need to have anything beyond the basic software in an Apple demo machine.

Besides they don't want to distract the customers from the sale of hardware.