Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I have been doing a lot of Photoshop work today, but closing windows and making sure files are saved and put away. I have little else going and my fans are blowing full blast - any ideas? And how do I stop it from doing this without restarting?

Image-4BA24B8997EB11D9.jpg

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mkubal said:
If you force quit the finder it will relaunch. Give that a go.

Yeah, I tried that and it has several JPEGS locked up in it that are totally not in use by anything, according to the file information. :confused:

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
mkubal said:
If you force quit the finder it will relaunch. Give that a go.
You shouldn't have to do that.

Hey iGary, Does this happen more then once? It seems like some program might be giving finder a hard time... I am really not knowlegeable in that area. I figured you tried the usual permissions techinque (the advice that everyone gives you)

If it has only done it once - log out and hopefully it was some weird error. do you have any weird Apps that change the GUI?

kyle

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
jackieonasses said:
You shouldn't have to do that.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that it was normal behavior.

Have you tried to kill the process in the terminal? I'm not sure if you'd have to use sudo to override the JPEGs that are supposedly in use. Also, I'm not sure how you would restart it. So don't blame me if this makes you have to restart. ;)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
My copy of Photoshop CS in my office is acting quirky - I think it may be linking the finder and keeping it open.

I'll just put up with it till I wipe everything clean and install Tiger! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.