Why is iOS8 so GLITCHY?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by trlyka, Oct 30, 2014.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I have the 5 and I waited a long time before updating to iOS7. I actually liked the update, so I waited less time to update to iOS8 thinking it would be better….NOT

This update is a joke. Things like powering on, I can't tell when it's ready because the screen never comes on. I have to press the HOME button. I HATE the text message options like the spelling help (even though you can collapse that part) and the ability to record a voice message to send as a text? Really? Who has time for that? Siri now more or less types as you talk instead of waiting, but I don't think it's better. There are many other non responsive functions that seem to need help to do what you want it to do. I'd have to make a list as these things happen, but either way, it's a bad update.

Does Apple make the updates crappy on purpose to sell the newest iPhones? It's like we are being forced to get the newest one because the newest software runs best on it :rolleyes:

Anyway…I hope they fix this OS or I will have to show Apple who's boss and go get the 6…. :confused:

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Getting the 6 wouldn't really help, but not powering on is a glitch. Also please don't get upset about new features if you can turn them off or not use them. :)

3. Resist macrumors 68030

It's Apple's software and hardware, yet updates never seem to work upon release. Clearly Apple doesn't test their products enough PRIOR to release.

4. quackers82 macrumors 6502

I have the iPhone 5, and i would say its the one device i have put iOS 8 on that has not been glitchy. Voice as a text?, yes really and i have used quite a few times now.

5. roman01 macrumors newbie

6. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Apple needs to work on iOS 8 but I seem to have more problems with it on iPad than iPhone oddly enough. They need to pay their tech debt and do an iOS 8.2 beta release to developers soon.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is kind of an odd list of complaints.

To summarize your problems with iOS 8:

- You have to hit the home button to turn on the screen
    - There's an optional feature you don't use and can be turned off
    - There's another feature you don't use
    - Siri is different in a way that makes no difference
    - Newer apps run better on it

I don't think iOS 8 is perfect by any means, but nothing on your list makes my list of complaints.

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

They test them out with developers in June before release in September. 3 months of developer testing. I'm not sure what else they can do here.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

When I see threads like this I question if the user has a perception problem or a real problem. The reason why:

- iOS 8.1 runs fine on my iphone 5
    - iOS 8.1 runs fine on my wife's iphone 5
    - iOS 8.1 runs decent on my iPad mini (1st gen) but it's slow at times.
    - iOS 8.1 runs decent on my wife's ipad 2 but it's slow at times.
    - iOS 8.1 runs fine on my new iphone 6+

That's 6 Devices that it runs decent to fine on. How is it that your 1 device is a total disaster?

11. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

It's an old known issue when the hardware drives the release date. iOS8.0 was not quite ready for prime time when the new iPhone's were announced. As for anyone who has been on a project like this, when deadlines loom, testing is one of the first areas to be compressed.

12. Resist macrumors 68030

Then why isn't it working for everyone?

Right now I'm having issues with iOS 8 and LTE. Everything was fine with iOS 7. But now with iOS 8 LTE can't get a signal even though it's showing 4 bars. When I switch to 4G, everything works great. Come on Apple!

13. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Have you updated to the latest iOS 8.1?

14. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I love iOS. And I can confidently say iOS 8 is one of the worst iOS updates yet. Overall, it just feels less polished then previous updates. There's always something going wrong with it. This feels like a skinned version of android, and I hate it. I can honestly say I miss 7.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I agree my 5s apps lock the keyboard won't come up. my wife with voiceover has so many issues apple is giving her a new phone though I doubt it will help.

16. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

…..In comparison to the previous OS 7, 8 is not better IMO. There are too many noticeable annoyances that hinder the use of my iPhone with this update. I'm not sure why they had to change the OS to begin with….What does 8 have to offer that is sooo much better then 7? Nothing that I can tell except the desire to come up with a fix for the issues or the desire to go back to 7.

----------

Exactly :cool:

17. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

i'm having mix results with IOS8 .. running fine on my iphone5 and iPad Air, but i do have glitches on ipad4, the worst is the start-up where after the white apple symbol it goes totally black and looks dead and doesn't respond to home button for several seconds. iPad Air and iPhone don't do that.

I've done restarts, and hard reset, makes no difference.

18. Resist macrumors 68030

Yes and it has LTE issues.

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

20. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I realize like many others on this forum that some people are having problems to varying degree, but if I'm not mistaken you were not forced to install the newest version. As for myself when I installed to the newest update I knew there was a chance my iPad could peter out or work as it was meant. In my case I too have a few problems that I hope get fixed over the next updates.Try and make the best of it since at this point there is no turning back. Good luck!

21. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I think people should file reports on Apple's website. If you dont, how is Apple supposed to know or take you seriously.