Why is iPhone 7 trending on Twitter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hog Milanese, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Hog Milanese macrumors regular

Hog Milanese

Don't these people know MacRumors exists?

2. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

3. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

What, other than nothing, does the one have to do with the other?

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

My son and his wife have had Apple products for probably 15 years. Neither frequent this site. There is another world out there--;)

5. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Because the iPhone 7 is coming out soon. And I'm training my finger to click the preorder button FAST.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

In 14 months???

7. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

No, in a couple of weeks.

8. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

Everyone forget about the 6S first or are people just stupid?

9. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

Got it.

10. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

So wrong.

The 6s and 6s+ are in roughly 6-8 weeks. The 7 isn't for another year from that.

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I think they're just overexcited and forgot that in 2 months we'll be seeing the S series, and we won't get a numbered increment until September of 2016.

12. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

They're changing it up this time.

13. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

No they aren't. There has already been photos of the 6s back casing. It's the same except for a tad thicker (with 7000 aluminum of the Apple Watch to combat 6+ bending) and a couple screw holes moved ever so slightly. Other than that it's a hardware boost to the 6 (and adding force touch) just like any other s model is to what it replaces.

14. fermat-au macrumors 6502

I too wondered why iPhone 7 was trending on Twitter.
    Is there any "real rumors" that the next iPhone will be the iPhone 7 not the 6s?
    The thing that interested me was the rumor it (what ever Apple markets it as) will be $900 rather than the $650 the iPhone has been for years. Is there any truth to the rumor Apple would increase the price of the latest iPhone?

15. fermat-au macrumors 6502

16. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I'm pretty confident that if any of that was remotely true then this site would have had front page news about it.

17. fermat-au macrumors 6502

True, although sometimes this site can be a little slow at on weekends.

18. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I took a peek at Twitter. It's nothing but gullible idiots, and trolls saying the same thing over and over. All because someone posted some photoshopped concept image.

19. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Because its Twitter folks. Kid site

20. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

There is actually a genuinely good chance the next iPhone may be called the 7 to shake things up. While we have had leaked images or supposed casings nothing is confirmed.

If the hardware jump is as predicted then it will be the biggest per cycle the device has seen and could warrant jumping the S branding.

The camera is the big thing, if that gets the jump thats predicted and from what I have been hearing it is quite likely then I see no reason Apple could not pull a hey you seen nothing yet moment.

While I will always wait for the S updates, the incrimental nature of them which you feel is holding back slightly is usually frustrating.

As for cost I can not see cost increasing, if anything Apple needs to take some hit and go the other way. iPhones are great but expensive and there is a lot of competition now from cheaper better spec( not necessarily better performing ) phones especially from developing economies such as China.

The two things I really need to see from Apple is a reduction in the cost they put on memory, 16GB needs to be a thing of the past. Also iCloud needs more than 5GB as standard, this looks positively archaic conpared to other providers.

21. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Exactly the same as MacRumors, then.

22. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The rumoured hardware bumps that have been around forever now are 100% normal for an "s" model.

The 4s got a major camera bump from 5mp to 8mp and 1080p video. (And Siri)

The 5s got no mp bump in the camera but it was much improved sensor adding slo-mo and I believe higher fps option. And it also got Touch ID.

"s" model iPhones are usually what get the major hardware bumps/additions. And non "s" get the redesigns.

23. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Could be named the iPhone 7 and 7+. Current naming is a bit of a mouthful (6s and 6s+)

24. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

The sensor that looks to be used in the next bump is far bigger jump than the 4-4S or 4S-5. At heart those were all the same sensor design anyway with only maginal improvements Sony and others had been using for several years. Even the version used in the 6/6+ is a rather dated design with auto focusing pixels being a standard feature for many. Though as Usual Apple took an older technology and optimised it to it's full potential.

The new Sensor is actually about 3 years old itself with sony already building a 2nd gen 21MP CMOS sensor for it's mobiles. But this 12-13mp sensor should be a knockout compared to what is already on the market. If Apple decides yo go with it my only reservation is noise at low light levels, if Apple can find a way to combat this without introducing destructive noise reduction and smoothing it really will be the biggest jump in the camera to date.

25. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It is this. People just forget. I cannot tell you how many people ask me if they should just get the iPhone 7 in september b.c that totally forget the "S"