Why is iphone game tiny wings ported to PC and not Mac!!??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kgames, Mar 5, 2012.

1. kgames macrumors regular

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

People don't associate iOS with OS X. They treat the iPhone like other Android phones; it's just a smartphone that runs some Operating System. PC is the mass market; it's got the largest market share (a WHOLE lot larger than OS X), therefore it's going to be ported to the masses. The developer isn't Apple-centric, unlike [the older] Rovio (who did all the [original] Angry Birds stuff on Apple software)

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why don't you ask the developer if/when a Mac port is coming? You're not entitled to anything.

4. kgames thread starter macrumors regular

Well if Tiny Wings was on Mac I would glady pay $5.99 for it. Cant wait maybe in the future we will get it.

5. kgames thread starter macrumors regular

I wish they made a Dillo hills for PC besides the flash game so I could play it offline.

6. Bonfyre, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016

Bonfyre macrumors newbie

Bonfyre

I can help with that.

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

You can convert any .exe file to a .app file using this software. I haven't tried it, as I don't own a Mac, so I can't guarentee it will work.

EDIT: Crap. I didn't read the site much, it turns out you CAN'T convert an exe file to an app file using that software. Sorry.
    EDIT 2: Again, crap. The site says that after downloading WineBottler you can right-click an exe file and select "Run directly" to run the file in a generic environment made by WineBottler.