Why is it.... Mail To: Bcc

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orangemacapple, May 28, 2007.

1. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

Why is it.... Mail To: Bcc

that when i select addresses from address book to be sent i can't automatically enter them into the BCC field?

when i drag these addresses into the BCC field the emails go out twice.
    i have to save the msg, reopen it and delete the addresses again (they show up in both fields), save again and reopen again before i send to make certain.

(even though the To: field appears empty, it isn't until it's saved and reopened and deleted again.)

i like to use the BCC to send msgs so i don't give away other people's addresses (ex: send the same love letter to several girlfriends and not have them know about each other :)

Is this fixable?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There's a simple fix for this, and I use it all the time. Put yourself in the To field, and all the recipients in the BCC field. That way, Mail won't think you're sending the message to nobody, and copy the BCC'd addresses in the To field for you, in an attempt to "help".

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Sure. A different outgoing account to each girlfriend... ;)

4. orangemacapple thread starter macrumors 6502

just tried that -- didn't work

put me in the "To:" field; tabbed to the "Bcc" field; selected "address book" and selected the addresses i wanted to send to; mail puts them into the "To:" field; i dragged all but mine down into the "Bcc" field; the "To:" field looks empty; hit "send" and it still duplicates everything --
    the sent mail says:

To: me, add1, add2 add3
    Bcc: add1, add2, add3

no change. i have to save the msg, reopen it (the adds show up in both fields), and delete the adds in the To: field before sending