Why is it so hard to make a playlist?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GrimmGreen, Nov 5, 2007.

1. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

for some reason my Ipod touch LOVES to "sync" after every song i drag over to a new playlist. During this "sync" time iTunes becomes unresponsive/frozen for at least 10-15 seconds it's taken me 45 min to get a 20 song playlist put together. This can't be normal can it?

:EDIT:

sorry , windows XP , it has pretty much done this "RANDOM SYNC" since i got it , i don't have anything set up to sync music pictures or video or contacts... nothing

:EDIT #2:

In fact... it seems like all i have to do is click on any given song and it starts to sync for 10 - 15 seconds , sometimes i cancel them ... and it doesn't seem to effect anything

2. pushateg7 macrumors member

I make the blank playlist on my touch first. I then select which songs I want from the Library and copy them to the playlist.

It does sync right after I make the blank playlist, then syncs after I paste all the copied songs I selected.

3. ThornNL macrumors newbie

No problems

I haven't had the problem you describe, but I'm running Macs & OS X.

Can you dismount the iPod, create your playlist, and then reconnect the iPod?

4. aft macrumors regular

Have not had this problem...even when it is in the middle of syncing I can add songs to playlists, so I don't know why you are having this problem...if you can't disconnect the ipod and then make a playlist and then reconnect then try restoring you iPod.

5. GrimmGreen thread starter macrumors regular

hmm.. i never though to do that , thanks

6. rydenfan macrumors member

How do I make a blank playlist on my touch?

Also, I made a playlist of videos in my itunes and then dragged it onto my touch. However my touch did not keep it as a playlist and it made each video an indivual video so I cannot watch them together. Any idea how to fix this?

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Make the playlist in iTunes and when you connect your iPod touch, choose the video tab and select the playlist you just made. That works great.

There's no reason to do such a thing. Try to organize everything inside iTunes. :)

8. Nausia macrumors newbie

I'm running on XP and this problem doesn't happen to me. Although I find creating playlists on the iPod itself a bit tedious, for some reason.

G

9. rydenfan macrumors member

That did not work! Each video is still on seperately. It is so annoying because this is a music concert and I cannot just watch it. I watch one track then when it ends I have to select the next track. I cannot watch it continuously.

10. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I'm sorry. Now I understand what you want to do. :eek: But that's not possible. Videos are stored separately. The iPod touch will always switch back to the video folder after each video.

Is there a way to rip the video into one file? That's what I do with concerts on DVD.