Why is it that potential 3ds owners

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stirolak123, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

Are so cocky and such fanboys they bring their original ds to gdc and the nintendo krynote among virtually every other nintendo summit and play their little original nntendo ds with their styluses in hand and always carry them everywhere? Its like they are showing off howloyal they are or something. Ven in palo alto recently when i was wlaking by the local gamespot they were doing this while lund up waiting for a freaking ancient remake of a game called dragon quest. They looked so cocky too. Even sony and psp fans dont dont do this nor did i ever see it from them.

2. Patrick946 macrumors regular

Wow, bitter much? Why do you care what other people buy? Buy what devices you want and be happy with them.

I have a DSi and an iPhone 4, and I use them both regularly. They offer different kinds of games, but both are really fun and worth the money.

3. foiden, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

foiden macrumors 6502a

Not to mention, some of them have extra incentive to carrying those things. Tagging mode in Dragon Quest usually gets people to carry those things around with the hopes they pass others tagging in order to get more in-game content. Plus, Nintendo seems to be the only ones doing meet ups and stuff for something like Dragon Quest. I would guess if someone else did stuff like that, where they bring representatives or offer special kiosks, and have tagging for content, you'd see owners of their respective systems doing the same.

So what you might have witnessed was Dragon Quest-fueled behavior where DQ fans will bring their units around to tag for new maps, dungeons, items, and visitors to their game.

So anyway, DQ9 players will generally bring their system with them, to any and all events where they think a bunch of other DS owners will be, with DQ9. They're like the biggest chances to get loads of visitors to greatly expand the content in the game.

4. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

It would seem that you think this behavior unseemly, however what is strange is you start a thread about a gaming system which has nothing to do with Apple products on a board about iPad Apps.