Why is it that...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yum114, Jul 12, 2009.

1. yum114 macrumors member

the most expensive cell phone network has no 24 hour service? It seems like every time I need to call customer service for some reason its on a sunday. and although companies that cost not even half the price has 24/7 customer service, att does not?

2. lorductape macrumors 6502

lorductape

you're only just realizing they don't care about you?

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I get 24-hr customer service, premier customer.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Gotta agree w/ that.

My GF and I had ATT years back. Normal, non-premier mind you. She ended up having a problem with her service and the CSR actually cursed her out! WE canceled the next day.

Then comes along the iPhone 3GS. We ended up switching from t-mobile reluctantly. We both got on premier accounts because of my employer. She needed to call to get everything set up before we had premier account. That CSR wasn't much better than the one that cursed her out years ago...

A few days later she needed to call to ensure she was on premier. She was dreading it...

A few minutes later she came and found me. She had a big smile on her face and then she told me she had one of the better telecom experiences she's had.

I asked who she had spoken w/ and she said the premier customer service....

I was shocked.

6. yum114 thread starter macrumors member

lol thats crazy. in order to get help from one of the most expensive carriers u have to have a VIP account? What the hell! I pay 300 a month for 2 phones but Im not special enough? how do I get on premier?

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

You need to see if your work or school has an agreement with AT&T. If they do, you can attach the FAN (Foundation Account Number) to your account. You will then get Premier support (when you call in).

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

9. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Whomever. They all have those kinds of discounts. I am unsure if the discount for others allows you the business support access like AT&T does.

10. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Check with your company or school, or you can go to: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/premier/

Type in your work e-mail and it will tell you if you qualify.

11. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You misunderstood my meaning. Verizon is more expensive than AT&T, however I'm sure that the OP was simply venting that he can't call support at 3am.

12. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Your employer must have an agreement with AT&T to provide a discount on service. Because of this agreement you would be considered a premier customer and your calls to the CS line are answered by a different department with little to no wait. A lot of the time they are completely useless from what I have found.

If your employer does not have an agreement do NOT find a FAN code to attach to your account. That is the reason those of us that have them have to pay an activation fee for a freaking discount. This is what AT&T calls FAN fraud, in my opinion those that are caught doing this should be charged the amount discounted during the time they were not employed by said company plus a service fee for a fraudulent statements. There is no reason to charge the rest of us, who are following the rules.

Oh yeah, that's not why they do it, just because they can.

13. yum114 thread starter macrumors member

no. Im venting because I cant call my phone service at 10AM on sunday

14. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Premier support never seemed to be open on the weekends when I first had problems with my 3GS order :(