Why is itunes doing this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fearless Leader, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I'm kinda pissed right now. This itunes store is just working enough to not be considered down, but I can't download anything or browse really and I have three albums that are not downloading, but I've paid for. ahhh!

It gives me a download error that reads
    Code:
    err = -3150

:confused:
    here is a pic of what it is doing at the store
    Picture 1.png

what in the hell is itunes doing?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

It's a problem that affects a few people every so often, perhaps on restarting iTunes it will work again, but it's probably an issue with the store at the time that you just need to try again later.

There's not a clear fix found online but the best explanation is that it happens when the store is overloaded.

If you've purchased something (but not downloaded) and close iTunes it'll re-start the download on restart or if you click "check for purchases". Sounds scary to do, but seems to work.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Just restart iTunes. It happens to me every so often. Your purchases will be safe.

4. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

I restarted a few times (itunes and the system). it just started working about 5 mins ago. Owell.

5. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Must of been really busy then, wonder why. I normally wait till Wednesday to pick up my free tracks ;)