Why Is ITunes harder to learn than OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arborist, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Arborist macrumors newbie

It must be me....I have two Macs, a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro, one classic Ipod. I decided to sync to my Mac Pro (I have my ITunes library on an external drive for my laptop because of it's small hard drive) I get the warning message that I can only use one library at a time, or I can erase all the songs on the Ipod and sync. (I only have one video song on the Mac Pro so this wasn't a choice.
    Long story short, the tunes from the Ipod got put on the mac Pro but the video song didn't go to the IPod?
    I'm sure that when I visit the genius bar they will set me straight, it would just be hard taking the Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and external drive there to get it done. I figured out how to use Leopard pretty quick, but I find ITunes more complicated than the operating system.
    Sheesh:rolleyes:

2. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

well its not really that hard to use at all. one iPod links with one iTunes libraries. although one iTunes library to many iPods. still, just copy all the files over from your external hard drive to your mac pro and thats it. if you are infact going to keep all your music on the same external drive, and dont have any thing except for one music video in your itunes library on mac pro then copy the music video to a safe place, and then delete the itunes library plst. then COPY, make sure you COPY and not move, the file from your laptop to your mac pro and connect the hard drive.

3. Arborist thread starter macrumors newbie

I moved the songs then Deleted them

I moved the songs off the MacBook Pro to the external drive, then deleted them off it's hard drive.
    I thought if you held in the option key it would prompt you for which library to use. Not so?
    Arborist