Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
Well Macs are awesome, but Windows will always have its place. As a computer technician at a University I really need to know both (Including OS X 10.3-10.5, Windows 2000, XP, and Vista) so for me I've got a blackbook and a sick desktop I built, and I'm super happy with both. If you're looking for a laptop the macbook is amazing, I totally love it, and the MBPs are great as well if you need graphics and portability. The iMacs are sick if you're looking for an all-in-one, the windows based AiOs are ****** in comparison.

But if you're looking for a tower (you've got a screen, mouse and KB already so don't need the iMac) then I'd say go PC. I built the PC in my sig with an awesome silent case (personally I don't like lights and windows and stuff, it's got sound dampening and solid handles which I think is awesome), for half the price of a Mac Pro, and the only difference is the processor. The 2.66GHz C2D is all I need for anything I'll ever do, including light video editing and photoshop, which is enough for most people, but I can put a quad core into it once the price is more reasonable for a roughly 3GHz one.

Just my preference, Custom PCs for desktops, macs for laptops.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
Macs are so much better for creative professionals, They perform much better and the applications are faster and more efficient, It really also depends on how you work I prefer the interface I like the dock and find it faster.

Mac OS X also rarely has to restart maybe a month or two before it does. It is more efficient and requires less Maintenance. It allows you to do work instead of troubleshooting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.