Why is my Apple ID correct, but my iCloud email under that apple ID is my OLD email?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DramaLLama, Jul 26, 2013.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

Does it make a difference?

I created my iCloud account with my old email address.. as was my Apple ID.

I've since changed email addresses, and while my Apple ID changed, my iCloud account has stayed as my old email address.

The specific setting I'm looking at is under the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" on my iPhone.. then the iCloud account, then the first thing listed up top is "accounts" it lists my correct apple ID account.. click that and then click 'advanced' and when it lists' the "EMAIL" for my "iCloud account info" it's my old info.. the option to click it is greyed out and I cannot change it. What gives?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You cannot change your iCloud email. It does not update if you change your Apple ID email. What you can do (which I have done) is create a new iCloud account with your new email address. Then, delete the old iCloud account off of your devices. Sign in with the new account, and back up. This will in essence transfer all of the data from your previous iCloud account to the new one.

3. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah crap... I created an alias a few days ago with the email address I wanted to use, not knowing that deleted aliases will still not be available for re-use as either a main account or even an alias again... looks like I'll be sticking with what I've got.