Why is my battery draining?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bowlerguy10, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I just updated my 1G touch to 2.1 the other day when it came out and the morning after I went to use it the the battery was at 3/4 from a FRESH charge. So I said whatever and kept using it, later that day I went to use it again and the battery was at 1/4 from 3/4. By that time I was at home and charged it and synced it, I also restarted the unit and that got rid of the issue until today when I just turned it on and the battery is at 1/4 from a 3/4 charge again........wifi and fetch data is off, no apps are open and I haven't touched it since last night. What is the deal and what is the fix for this?

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Ok, well sometimes right after you unplug it, it gives a false charge (like my cell phone, 1/6 charge, plugged in for 5 min, says 6/6 then goes down to 2/6 soon)

Also, turn OFF location services in settings, in a new 2.1 thing that drained my batttery quickly!

Do you put to sleep or actually turn OFF at night?

3. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have always put it to sleep, I just found Location Services and turned it off, I will see if this helps. Thanks!

4. telf22 macrumors regular

5. sgtboy macrumors 6502

If you fall and die the Police can use wifi to find your body with your touch in your hand

6. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I think Location Services makes it easier for apps to keep track of where you are, but it's a huge drain on batteries to leave it on.