Why is my device bogging so much?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NWI73, May 3, 2011.

1. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I am jb on 4.2.1 with greenp0ison. I have the following packages showing up in cydia:

activator
    afc2add
    airplane SBsettings
    APT 0.7 HTTPS method
    Bigboss icon set
    biteSMS
    Cleanstatus
    CyDelete
    Cydia installer
    Cydia translations
    EnhancedTabs
    Erica Utilities
    Essential
    libdisplaystack
    Lockscreen clock hide
    Mobile substrate
    No icon shadows iOS
    No page dots
    NoSpot
    Opennotifier
    OpenSSH
    PDAnet
    Pull to refresh for mail
    Saurik's source
    SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles
    Serious SBSettings HD
    Silent vibrate SBSettings
    Springtomize lite
    transparent statusbar
    winterboard

Please help....i'm usually seeing less than 100MB of available memory.

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

could depend on what you are running through winterboard, do you have overlapping themes? widgets? animated L/S etc etc

3. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a lock screen theme with weather, a springboard theme with weather but nothing is animated other than the updates for the weather and time. The weather updates every 30 min I belive.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

You should probably download RemoveBackground from Cydia and set it through Activator. It'll help clear out anything running in the background and increase your RAM a bit. Seems to me something is running a lot in the background for you to be hovering around 100MB. The packages you have installed seem pretty "stock" so I doubt any of those would be the culprit.

5. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't downloaded removebackground but it's gotten even worse lately. I'm always between 50 and 100MB and my phone is horribly slow. BiteSMS lags horribly and everything is just plain slow. Am I missing something? I'm to the point of ditching the JB. Maybe it's winterboard?

6. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

springtomize. i restored mine to get rid of it.

7. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should have mentioned I had deleted springtomize since I last posted.

8. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

download removebackgrounder when mine dips in ram i clear my background and boom im back around 300

10. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Remove all the apps in your multitasking dock, restart your iPhone and if you don't have +280 MB of RAM available with that configuration I would restart from scratch with a Restore, Re-JB and not reading back any old backup

11. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What exactly does removebackgrounder do? I read the description and have somewhat of an idea but does it keep EVERYTHING closed that is in the background? Some things need to remain in the bg.

I always clear out the apps in my multitask dock. I restart, reboot, respring my phone a couple times per day. It starts fresh at 250+ but soon after, i'm down to less than 100MB.

I have been thinking about updating to the latest update, re JB but then I would need some way to retain the personal information on my phone...SMS, contacts, notes, photos, anything I have on there that contains my data/info.

12. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

RemoveBG automates killing of all backgrounded apps, well expect for some of the Apple ones, most notably phone/email.

Just sync with iTunes... pull out the photos manually, email yrself your notes, copy your themes etc and go for a Restore. backup your game saves w/ DataDeposit. Once you've restored you sync with yr 'puter and pull back the raw data again but do not Restore from an old backup. The only thing you stand to loose is yr SMS archive but that can be retrieved manually

Unless you do that this will be a very very long thread...:D

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

it lets you set up an activator method to delete un needed apps runing in the background i set mine so when i double tap the status bar my multitask bar is cleared of all apps runing in the background