Why is my fiancee's email AppleID associated with my iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHavequestions, Sep 23, 2014.

1. iHavequestions macrumors regular

I just got a new iPhone. When I try to set it up with my iCloud account, after I select my backup from my old phone, it asks for my AppleID password, except instead of my AppleID, it brings up my fiancee's and I can't seem to switch to my own. How do I resolve this?

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

i had a similar issue. not exactly sure how the wires get crossed. it's fixed now since we recently swapped phones and cleared everything out. not sure what the best way to fix this is without wiping everything clean.

3. iHavequestions thread starter macrumors regular

A-ha. Actually, this gives me a hint of what the problem is although I still need a solution. Every year, when a new iPhone comes out, we stagger our plans to upgrade so I give her my iPhone while I buy the newest one. So the SIMs get swapped so that my new phone still has my SIM while my old phone has her SIM. But my SIM might have her AppleID associated with it because at some point, perhaps that SIM was under her account...

That may be the issue or not. Either way, how can I resolve this?

4. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

yeah, not sure how that works. we did a phone swap as well in the same way but didn't touch the sims. but everything seems fine on the accounts now and with the phones. she has my 5 and i am using the new 6. again, didn't do anything with the sims. so if that's true, my guess is that it doesn't have to do with the sim cards. because we had the same issue before but didn't touch the sims, and now it's fixed. i could have sworn it happened after an itunes sync. i think it's just a software thing. but unfortunately i don't know the best way to fix it. hopefully someone with more knowledge here has a solution. i'd be interested to know myself.

5. iHavequestions thread starter macrumors regular

I continued by skipping this step. Then when it asked me a second time, it was the right email associated with my AppleID. Go figure.

6. reil macrumors newbie

if you're in the part where its restoring purchases (apps, music, video, etc), it'll ask you to authenticate with the user that owns the purchase.

i get this when restoring a backup on my gf's phone since the purchases are under my id.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I started getting this after using my computer to update my wife's phone a few years ago.