Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I have an old car race that I converted to an m4v file (it says it is a Protected MPEG4 Movie) about a year ago and I went to play it today. When I searched for it, it is black and shows me where it is but I can't play it. It says that it "can’t be opened right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash. Try again when the current task is complete." but I have nothing else running and I have even rebooted my iMac. When I look at the path and track it down into the iTunes folder, I then see that the file is grayed out. I do not have iTunes running either. I have tried to open it up with iTunes, QuickTime, VLC and all give me the same message. The file shows that it is 153 megs in size and it says that it is Protected, whatever that means. It is my file and I made it but I can't access it.

Can anyone help me try to view this file?

Thanks!!

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
BTW, I have done some reading and I am not trying to break anything off of iTunes. This file is a car race that I had on videotape from 1989 and I played it into the computer about 2 years ago to make it into a computer file to save it for longevity. I don't remember the program I used.... I just can't seem to play it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.