Why is my iPhone 6 icloud backup taking so much space?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Oct 11, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

icloud keeps nagging me I'm running out of space. My iphone 6 backup is taking up 2.3gb even though I have photo backup turned off. What's going on?

2. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

Check to make sure you don't have an old backup from your previous phone saved to iCloud. I deleted mine after I got the 6 Plus set up.

3. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

just talking about my iphone 6 backup though

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Yes, but iCloud is running out of space probably because there is another backup of your old phone sitting in the cloud wasting space.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Go through your SMS and iMessages and either delete them all, or delete any attachments (select the message, press Details, then scroll to the bottom for all the photos and videos included)

6. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No..there isn't...

"My iphone 6 backup is taking up 2.3gb"

That's what I'm asking about

----------

I've had the phone for 2 weeks what happens a year from now though

7. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

Can you tell us what you have selected for backup?

8. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everything but photo backup. But 'everything' as in each thing only shows taking up like a mb each.

9. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

:apple: deliberately tries to make users dumber and dumber, so they can have more control over them and lock them in their cobweb even more. By asking "why it takes so much space", "what's in there?", you are a user too smart for :apple:. You don't fit in their system. Solution? Eff the system. :D

This is what I just wrote in
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1799702

The key is to become a smartuser of dumbdevices, compared to a dumbuser of smartdevices. And for this, Android devices and Intel-based Windows 8.1 tablets are the best, iOS is the worst.

By dumbuser of smartdevices I mean a user who's completely locked in into an ecosystem, a cobweb of clouds, lack of file system, restricted apps, proprietary file formats, fashion before functionality, zealotism before rationality. In this case, the device is smart in a sense that it's like a spider spreads a web and catches a dumb fly and jumps on it and drinks its blood.

And by smartuser of dumbdevices I mean a user who's free of any ecosystem, doesn't use any cloud, uses local storage instead (with syncronization between devices using either direct copy or Dropbox), app store without gestapo, common file formats, funtionality before fashion, rationality before zealotism. In this case, the user is smart in a sense that he's like a horse rider who uses horses for his purposes and can change horses if needed.

10. GLS macrumors 6502

All of these steps are assuming you are satisfied with how your phone is setup, etc.

-Turn off iCloud backup on your phone

-Delete the iCloud backup

-Turn on iCloud backup and create a new backup.