Why is my Ipod Touch 32gb 3G is lower than 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CSilver, Sep 26, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Alright... I bought mine from costco yesterday... I've playing with it since... I find the safari and youtube extremely slow... I got to compare it with my little sister's Touch 2G 8gb and mine doesn't load at all or takes forever.. especially the youtube.

Is my touch faulty or is it the version of the software that is causing this?

I don't think she has the software version 3

I really hope i won't have to exchange it cause I just finished installing the Invisible shield...:C

Is there any way to tell how fast or slow my internet is on the touch?

2. reptiledude4 macrumors member

reptiledude4

Try restoring it. Same thing happened to my 64 GB touch, did a restore, and it was fine.

3. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I will do the restore... I just finished doing the speed test on the touch from Chiptune.com, Scored 9.9kB/s ...

I will come back and post the result after restoring it... For the future owners with similar problems...

Thanks

4. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

I just finished doing restore from itunes for Ipod Touch.... I have to say I am pretty pissed... You tube didn't get any better... it never loads or takes like 5mins just to load up after clicking it.:mad: I am doing the Speed test once again but I don't hope for any better result... I wonder if I should call the apple tomorrow... Any suggestions?

5. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Try a complete full restore one more time from inside the ipod, is there a bunch of crap on it?

6. ccbr01 macrumors newbie

I don't know if a complete restore will produce the results you want. 2.2.1 was super slick on the 2g. In my opinion, 2.2.1 runs head over hill when compared to 3.0 or 3.1. It might be close but I don't know if you could tell the difference.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My 32GB 3G works great. Everything loads much quicker than my 2G. Maybe you got a dud? Did you get the earbuds with remote/mic? If you didn't, you have a 2G.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

My Ipod Touch came in today, it's not showing any signs of lag...lol. It's pretty quick. :D