Why is my Macbook screen so dark?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iTone, Apr 6, 2008.

1. iTone macrumors member

iTone

The other day i was watching a movie and i noticed that my Macbooks screen was quite dark on the lower left corner. The right side is a little dark as well but the left side is such an eye sore. I do graphic work and this bother me constantly now. Is there something i can do?

pic: http://i27.tinypic.com/2eolg0i.jpg :(

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

hmm.....Id wait for other people to respond but that looks like something for the apple store if you ask me...

3. atluten macrumors 6502

I'm going to echo this advice, it looks like the backlit in that portion may be dying.

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Take it in...if they don't replace it, at least they may be able to tell you what's wrong.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

dark? kinda hard to tell on that... first of all how old is it?

6. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

Try spamming F2, lol jk i know your not that dumb. take it into an apple store. make them fix it.

7. iTone thread starter macrumors member

iTone

This Macbook is only about a month and a half old. So it is under warranty still. Thanks for your replies, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy for thinking something was wrong with it.

8. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah, it definitely shouldn't be doing this at only a month and a half old...

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Perhaps I just got the cream of the crop, but my MacBook's display is very uniformly lit, very bright, has no defective pixels at all and has very little backlight bleed. Probably the nicest display on any Apple laptop I've had, including my previous original Core Duo MacBook Pro (G3 Pismo, TiBook G4, 12" PBG4, 15" MBP, 13" MB).

10. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I don't think you have to worry. these displays take time to warm up to full brightness, and some areas brighten up slower than others. Wait until your display is fully warmed up and then look, if it is still like that then it is defective.

I have something similar with my MBP, the left side of the screen is noticeably dimmer than the right side when the display is warming up, but once it's warmed up everything is uniform.