Why is my money back on my account?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by str8bucs, Mar 10, 2012.

1. str8bucs macrumors regular

I ordered my new iPad on Wednesday and apple put a hold on the money which I thought would stay there until it shipped. Well last night the hold was gone and money back on the bank. Any idea what is going on?

Order still says processing

2. elabela macrumors member

I could be wrong but I think the hold is just temporary to make sure the mony is there. Once shipped the money will then be actually removed.

3. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I just checked my BofA account and my hold is gone too. My iPad is preparing for shipment right now, so once it ships they'll actually take the money.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's correct.

5. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

This happens all the time when you order from Apple Online.

They'll put a hold on and then once it's shipped, or ready to ship, the hold will be taken off. Generally, it takes a few days for them to actually take the money out of your account. Once you get your invoice sent through, you can rest assured that the payment phase is over.

6. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Because Apple decided you weren't worthy. ;)

Not to worry. They'll take your money for good when it ships.

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the hold is gone on mine too. the ipad now says "preparing for shipment" my ATV still says processing tho. I guess thats why the hold was for $100 less then my entire order.

8. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Me too, though mine has actually shipped from Middletown PA. Nothing unusual there, but usually BOA has a five business day hold before it drops off. The iPhone 4S was like that. But this one dropped off in only two.