iPad Why is my NC Black as opposed to 'translucent'

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
I don't get why. And no, "Increase Contrast" isn't on. Normal trouble shooting steps have been done. Restart iPad, turn on increase contrast then turn off. Only thing I have left to do is restore but I don't want to for something minor like this. There has to be a way. Device iPad 2

Attachments

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
iPad 2 doesn't support the blurring effect. Same reason why your control centre is flat grey.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Why is my NC Black as opposed to 'translucent'

iPad 2 doesn't support the blurring effect. Same reason why your control centre is flat grey.

Aww, you've gotta be joking. Thanks though. That sucks. Oh well, at least I know now. There's no way it could be "hardware" related. Probably just selective exclusion like Siri. Anyways do you know if Mini 1 has it?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Aww, you've gotta be joking. Thanks though. That sucks. Oh well, at least I know now. There's no way it could be "hardware" related. Probably just selective exclusion like Siri. Anyways do you know if Mini 1 has it?
The iPad mini 1 has blurring. That is stupid because the iPad 2 has the exact same hardware.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Why is my NC Black as opposed to 'translucent'

The iPad mini 1 has blurring. That is stupid because the iPad 2 has the exact same hardware.
Yeah. Similar to the Siri situation. Oh well. I guess I have to bear with it until I upgrade :( thanks guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.