Why is my new iMac constantly freezing:(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gillybabes98, May 18, 2015.

1. gillybabes98 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I bought a brand new iMac and its driving me mad, since I got it (Im all new to macs) Im finding that when I want to load a page on safari the blue line goes along a little then stops dead then doesn't go any further, then I get a rotating rainbow circle that just keeps rotating, I initially thought it had something to do with my broadband, but Ive now had 8 line engineers out and broadband engineers put a new hub in and everything is working perfect so it must be my new iMac how can I fix this as I am now on the verge of smashing this damn computer and I am wishing I had just bought a new windows touch screen this has been such a hassle to me its just not worth the cash I paid for it to have so many problems!!!!

2. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Hey,

First off - you're one of very few so I'm sorry to hear your first experience with Macs isn't a good one.

There are methods to troubleshoot it but if you're unsure of what to do or don't have a lot of experience then pasting you loads of instructions probably isn't going to get you very far! However, Apple have phenomenal customer service so your best bet is to either call them (or you can request them call you) from

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/

(assuming you are UK but you can google for US address).

Or alternatively if it's within 10 days take it back to the Store and ask for a full replacement. You can also do this if it's outside of 10 days but they'll more than likely attempt to fix the issue instead.

Hope you get it sorted out ;)