Why is my pending transaction from my iphone gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jul 11, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

It is shown in my account with 212 dollars more instead of my pending 212 like the past couple days. But my AT&T thing still says in progress on backorder. I thought I would have pending funds on my checking account until it is shipped? Thanks

[​IMG]

2. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm curious if my order is canceled or not since my funds are no longer pending but just back to being credited to 212 dollars into my checking account and no history of me ordering from AT&T on my checking account history.

3. The General macrumors 601

No one here has any idea. Why do you ask AT&T? :rolleyes:

4. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Just curious if it happen to anyone else on here.

5. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Here's how it works! And it was the same for pre-orders.

When you make your pucrhase through Apple / AT&T they pre-authorize your account then and there but you are not actually charged till it ships (or maybe a day or so after).

So whats happens is the pre-authorization hits your account to verify you have the correct funds in your bank then it sits there till they send the receipt ticket to your bank then your bank will release the funds to the merchant. But Most banks only let a "Pending" charge sit in your account and count against your balance for about 3 days then after the 3 business day if they don't receive the receipt to release funds within that time then it gets dropped off your account and put back into your balance.

But make sure you leave those funds in there cause when they go to set your phone for ready to ship they will push through a full charge to your account and if the funds are gone it means no phone.

So don't worry they will take the money but it wont fulling process 100% until its ships or within a day or so after.

Hope that helped ya.