Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ELBdelorean

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Every other room in the house is spotless yet for some reason my room attracts all the dust in the southern US. I even bought an air purifier to remedy this but even that seems like it's making a negligible difference. I try to vacuum and dust my room at least once a week. After a week every surface in my room is covered in two meters of dust.

What could possibly be the source of all this dust?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Every other room in the house is spotless yet for some reason my room attracts all the dust in the southern US. I even bought an air purifier to remedy this but even that seems like it's making a negligible difference. I try to vacuum and dust my room at least once a week. After a week every surface in my room is covered in two meters of dust.

What could possibly be the source of all this dust?

Its shed skin!

Or maybe your AC?

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
While shed skin is certainly a component, textiles (jeans, shirts, sheets, bedding) can contribute vast amounts of dust in the form of lint.

I have some colored sheets, and I can see the corresponding color in my vacuum cleaner dust receptacle... White sheet = white dust too. New blue jeans, blue dust for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.