Why is part of my Front Row in German?! (Leopard)

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2007
New York

This is what I see in the Music section of Front Row. I don't understand. All of my localization settings are set as United States.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a string or setting in Front Row I need to fix? From what I can tell, the listings it is pulling are also from a foreign store.

mrfreezetas

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
This is what I see in the Music section of Front Row. I don't understand. All of my localization settings are set as United States.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a string or setting in Front Row I need to fix? From what I can tell, the listings it is pulling are also from a foreign store.
And mine is in Chinese or Japanese.
All settings are correct, so do not know what is happening.

Comment

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
Mine was in Spanish.

I found that logging into my iTunes account and then deleting the front row preferences file from ~/Library/Preferences fixed it

Comment

NicP

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
Mine was in Spanish.

I found that logging into my iTunes account and then deleting the front row preferences file from ~/Library/Preferences fixed it
Thanks, signing out of iTMS and back in again, then killing the front row process and deleting the preference file seams to have fixed it :)

Comment

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
Is apple not so subtly suggesting

that we monolinguals learn another language(chosen by Apple of course :p)

Comment

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2007
Can someone please give me a detailed walkthrough on how to fix this? Thanks

Comment

Inspiratron

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2006
On my MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, it's fine in English (Canadian iTunes Store), but on my mother's computer of exactly the same config, it's in german (see first post). Note: I performed a clean install of Leopard on my machine (the one in English) while my mother's was upgraded using the standard "Upgrade" option from Tiger.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.