Why is Safari using so much CPU?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Karpfish, May 18, 2008.

1. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Lately I have been getting terrible battery life and I think it is because Safari is using a ton of CPU even when I am not doing anything. Safari is constantly using 100 CPU power even when I am just browsing a site with just plain text. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? My battery is lasting like an hour at most right now.

2. Korz53 macrumors newbie

Cpu 100%

My Safari dose the same thing.
    normal CPU until i watch something through Quicktime on a web page the CPU goes to 98-97% CPUs.

I use Flip4Mac

and i believe it is the interaction of the Flip4Mac plug-in and Safari that start the CPU to want to go to 100% for Safari. When i can i use stand a lone player , if i can't i Quit Safari completely and restart it after watching; otherwise even if i click safari red light button at the top left and there is no safari window no safari use at all , CPU will still be close to 100% until safari is shut down completely and restarted. the CPU is 0.% to 3% for Safari idling then.

(All is up to date on my computer. not a lap-top .)
    [, high CPU will stop computer from sleep on a iMac. :apple: Computer is afraid to sleep , it may stop some important work and get one mad and so it will not sleep. ] {set up to be that way,..}:confused::mad::(:eek::D:rolleyes::cool::):(:apple:

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Apple has to make Safari snappier somehow...
    (had to be said)

I am not too sure what is going on, the only time my CPU jumps with Safari is when viewing flash videos, and even then it only gets to the 50% range.

4. a4abt macrumors regular

I gave up on Safari. I use Camino and it works great!!