Why is Siri on my touchbar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simajin, Nov 29, 2016.

1. simajin macrumors newbie

I hate the ******* annoying Siri. Apple has thankfully given us a way to turn the thing off. I have turned it off.

So why does it show up on my Touchbar right next to the backspace key so I'm hitting all the time and being asked if I want to open the thing.

How hard can it be to remove it from my touchbar when Siri is off. I shouldn't have to do anything else, but I'm will to do anything to get rid of it on my touchbar. Any ideas how? Thanks

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

System Preferences > Keyboard > Customize Control Strip. You can replace the Siri button with something else, or remove it.

3. simajin thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, that got rid of the little sod. Many thanks.

4. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Calm down. It's version 1.0. You early users are the guinea pigs and it will all be refined over time. In 12-18 months time the user experience will be vastly superior to what it is now.

5. simajin thread starter macrumors newbie

People coming to the forum and asking questions is the life-blood of a forum. They tend to ask less questions when they get responses like RTFM or "have you heard of Google?" I bet google could be used for every single question ever asked here. Even though my question had been politely answered you still took a moment from your valuable time to add nothing to the thread. Thanks.

6. cardfan macrumors 65816

That's why buying it in its half baked state isn't really advisable.

7. simajin thread starter macrumors newbie

I was given it, but I think I'd buy it. Really enjoying it so far. Not sure about the keyboard yet, but I have so much use on my old MacBook that this is bound to feel a little different. As for the touchpad I'm using the word suggestions much more than I thought I would. Probably because the the Macs choice of word is almost always spot on. My Mrs of 35 years says she mostly knows what I'm going to say next. So does the touchbar and it's only known me a few days :)

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Actually when i wrote and posted there was no other answers there, that reply came up after I posted.

Yes complicated questions and opinion requests are the lifeblood of forums, things that can be answered in a few seconds using Google really aren't. Did you really think you were the first to want to remove Siri from the touchbar??

I was polite I gave you an answer and a link for anyone else that needed the answer. You are the one that has a problem it seems with people taking the time to Google the answer to something for you!!

I hope you feel all good about your sanctimonious ramblings a second post really wasn't necessary was it?? I would have left this as fine not everyone likes sarcasm without that.

9. simajin thread starter macrumors newbie

You'll find that when Google returns a result, it points to the answers of dumb questions just like mine. But only when they have model answers. This one was a model answer till post 3 ;)